See the highlights of one of the greatest museums in the world and hear its amazing stories from a former British Museum tour guide to bring it all alive. We choose our favourite objects form across the globe, to understand ancient cultures.
Featured in this virtual tour of the highlights of the British Museum:
- the Rosetta stone, and how it was discovered and hieroglyphics deciphered
- the Egyptian gallery and the bust of Rameses II
- the Parthenon sculptures (the ‘Elgin Marbles”)
- the Egyptian mummies and what happens if you unwrap one?
- the Benin bronzes
- the Assyrian gallery, supernatural creatures and ancient warfare techniques
- the great Roman silver treasure dug up by a Suffolk farmer
- How the oldest script in the world, cuneiform, was translated
- The Mayan sculptures
- Aztec jewellery fit for a king
About this virtual tour:
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- Multiple dates (book via above link that will take you to the Eventbrite website)
- Via Zoom app and we’ll email you the password on the morning of the tour
- £7 per person or £10 per family (family can be in two locations on 2 devices)
How to join the virtual tour:
Book your tickets via the above link.
We’ll email you full details of the Zoom meeting link, password and Meeting ID on the morning of the tour.
Five minutes before start time, click on the link we send you or log in via the Zoom app and then sit back and enjoy the tour.
Please put your microphone on mute, but you will be able to unmute and ask questions at the end of every stop.