A lunchtime special for the Animal Rescue Centre Charity in Goa
Join us on a 1.5 hour virtual tour for charity on 21st May at 12.15pm to 1.45pm UK time. See the mummies, the Romans, the Aztecs, supernatural creatures and buried treasure all brought to life with Google earth, old images, paintings and photos and lots of stories from a former British Museum tour guide.
Contents of this virtual tour :
We choose the highlights of important objects from 5 continents, tell the stories behind them and how they got to the museum.
- the Rosetta stone
- the Egyptian gallery and the bust of Rameses II
- the Parthenon sculptures
- Unwrapping Egyptian mummies
- the Benin bronzes
- the Assyrian ancient warfare techniques
- the great Roman silver find the Mildenhall Treasure
- Cuneiform and its translation
- The Mayan carvings of blood-letting
- Jewellery fit for an Aztec king
About the charity
The Animal Rescue Centre (ARC) is a charity in South Goa, India, doing incredibly important work, relying on volunteers and donations and gets no government funding. To find out more about their work please visit their website
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, donations and volunteering has decreased. They urgently need a full time dedicated vet to be able to remain on the front-line, providing life-saving care.
I sponsor a rescue dog called Roo who has survived being hit by a car and fireworks (he’s definitely a survivor) and there are many dogs and cats that have been helped by ARC. Hence my interest in this fundraising.
Tour details and how to join:
- 1 hour 30 minutes via Zoom
- 21st May 2021 at 12.15pm to 1.45pm UK time
- Just make a donation (any amount) to my crowdfunding page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/vetfeesforarc
- I’ll email you the Zoom meeting ID and password on the morning of the tour via the Justgiving page.
- If you have any queries or have not received the email link by one hour of the start of the tour, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Google reviews of my British Museum virtual tour
“A rivetting tour guide … literally transports us in to the pages of history”
I had the privilege of going on the British Museum Highlights Tour and it was like going into a timemachine! Loona is a riveting tour guide and literally transports us into the pages of history with anecdotes, extra information and humour thrown in for good measure! His knowledge is phenomenal and so well researched that the hour and fifteen minutes fly by. He made me feel like I was actually in the museum looking at the exhibits I never thought it would be so much fun! This is a highly recommended virtual tour, complete with your own tour guide!
“Head and shoulders above other tours”
From my experience Loona’s tours are head and shoulders above other tours. I will definitely be going on more tours with him and am going to enquire about a tailor made tour with him too.
Julie Bennett, tour guide