About your tour guide Loona Hazarika:
Hi! Here are some facts about me:
- I’m a tour guide with over 12 years’ experience guiding hundreds of people around my birthplace, London.
- I am a ex British Museum guide and gave two of their official tours from 2006 to 2010.
- I set up the audio guide system in one of the world’s most important museums, the Genocide Museum in Rwanda.
- I’ve made appearances on BBC TV’s The ‘Hairy Builder’Sky Atlantic’s ‘Urban Secrets.
- Here’s a Youtube video of me giving a guided tour on TV’s Urban Secrets
- I have an economics degree from Cambridge University (specialised in history).
- I’m a co-founder of London City Steps, a social enterprise founded in 2009 where I volunteer to help young people from poor backgrounds in London learn new skills through a love of the local environment and history.
- Here are some pictures of me at work:
Why not find out about my current tours here . I look forward to seeing you soon.