A half-term lunchtime special
Children love the British Museum! Its mummies, the Romans, the Aztecs, supernatural creatures and buried treasure all make history come alive for them.
Specially for half-term, see the British Museum’s highlights with your children, virtually on a live-stream tour with an ex official British Museum tour guide.
- They can ask as many questions as they like!
- It’s specially for children aged 10-16 and their parents.
- £10 per family ticket for up to 3 screens (screens can be in different houses)
- Thursday 18th February 2021 from 12.30pm to 2pm
- Ideal lunch-time activity
- Bring along your sandwiches. It will be a fascinating lunch hour!
Please note, this is not an official tour from the British Museum. The tour is from Let’s Discover London so please check out our website for reviews of a recent school tour we gave here: https://letsdiscoverlondon.com/tours-for-schools/
Contents of this virtual tour :
We choose the highlights of important objects from 5 continents, tell the stories behind them and how they got to the museum.
- the Rosetta stone
- the Egyptian gallery and the bust of Rameses II
- the Parthenon sculptures
- Unwrapping Egyptian mummies
- the Benin bronzes
- the Assyrian ancient warfare techniques
- the great Roman silver find the Mildenhall Treasure
- Cuneiform and its translation
- The Mayan carvings of blood-letting
- Jewellery fit for an Aztec king
- 1 hour 30 minutes via Zoom
- £10 per family (family can be in two locations on up to 3 devices)
- Book your tickets via Eventrbrite on the orange links on this page
- We’ll email you the meeting ID and password on the morning of the tour.
Google reviews of our British Museum virtual tour
“A rivetting tour guide … literally transports us in to the pages of history”
I had the privilege of going on the British Museum Highlights Tour and it was like going into a timemachine! Loona is a riveting tour guide and literally transports us into the pages of history with anecdotes, extra information and humour thrown in for good measure! His knowledge is phenomenal and so well researched that the hour and fifteen minutes fly by. He made me feel like I was actually in the museum looking at the exhibits I never thought it would be so much fun! This is a highly recommended virtual tour, complete with your own tour guide!
“Head and shoulders above other tours”
From my experience Loona’s tours are head and shoulders above other tours. I will definitely be going on more tours with him and am going to enquire about a tailor made tour with him too.
Julie Bennett, tour guide