See the highlights of one of the greatest museums in the world and hear its amazing stories from a former official British Museum tour guide. We choose our favourite objects from across the globe and bring them alive, looking up original locations where they were found and tell their stories.
Contents of this virtual tour :
We choose the highlights of important objects from 5 continents, tell the stories behind them and how they got to the museum.
- the Rosetta stone
- the Egyptian gallery and the bust of Rameses II
- the Parthenon sculptures
- Unwrapping Egyptian mummies
- the Benin bronzes
- the great Roman silver find the Mildenhall Treasure
- Cuneiform and its translation
- The Mayan carvings of blood-letting
- Jewellery fit for an Aztec king
- 1 hour 40 minutes via Zoom
- Multiple dates
- £10 per screen or £12 per group/ family (group/ family can be in two locations on 2 devices)
- Book your tickets via Eventrbrite
- We’ll email you the meeting ID and password on the morning of the tour.
Google reviews of our British Museum virtual tour
“A rivetting tour guide … literally transports us in to the pages of history”
I had the privilege of going on the British Museum Highlights Tour and it was like going into a timemachine! Loona is a riveting tour guide and literally transports us into the pages of history with anecdotes, extra information and humour thrown in for good measure! His knowledge is phenomenal and so well researched that the hour and fifteen minutes fly by. He made me feel like I was actually in the museum looking at the exhibits I never thought it would be so much fun! This is a highly recommended virtual tour, complete with your own tour guide!
“Head and shoulders above other tours”
From my experience Loona’s tours are head and shoulders above other tours. I will definitely be going on more tours with him and am going to enquire about a tailor made tour with him too.
Julie Bennett, tour guide